By: Lisa Schardt, Nexstar Network® Sales
I give business advice to residential PHCE contractors all the time that fearfully ride through the hills and valleys of the changing economy. They’re afraid to invest in their business and their future because the present has been up and down and filled with uncertainty. And, they’re tired of working longer and harder to meet the challenges.
I get that, but I refuse to accept it for a lot of reasons. First of all, there’s a better and healthier way to work and live. Secondly, you can put systems and safeguards in place that will not only protect you, but also position your business for consistent growth and positive financial outcomes. Thirdly, there are some very smart people out there who can help you and hold you accountable for success.
Ask yourself these questions:
- How am I sitting for 2013?
- What do my systems look like?
- Are my employees faithfully and consistently applying these methods efficiently?
- Do I trust that I have reliable training across all departments, specifically for the technicians and the sales team?
- Do I have a business plan and budget ready for roll out?
If you answered, “yes” to these questions, good for you! If you answered, “no,” I’m here to tell you that you’re not poised to succeed in any economy. You can’t expect to reach your goals if your goals haven’t been set.
As Business Enhancement Coach for Nexstar® Network, I know that many Nexstar members made a profit in the down economy because they followed:
6 Best Practices for Best Results:
- Implement reliable systems
- Efficiently trained your team
- Monitor the progress of your team
- Determine prospective revenue goals
- Develop a strategy and plan for implementation
- Modify strategy plans as necessary
To accentuate the positive, Nexstar members did all of this with the help of their business coach and in some cases, their Personal Board of Directors. These are peer contractors who share best practices and provide leadership support. You see it doesn’t have to be lonely at the top.
Now, imagine what can happen if you set some revenue goals and strategize on how you can meet them. Imagine yourself surrounded by a group of peers who will share their best practices with you and provide support for implementing them.
I tap contractors into the peer groups, the systems, the coaching and other business services they need to succeed without fear in any economy. Call 888.240.STAR to find out how I can help you.